My main issue with this is that the smoke looks too solid against the dark background. Perhaps a lighter background would have solved this problem, but then I think the character might have looked out of place as the shading on him is so dark. What might also have inproved it is if I didn't have the lines over the smoke and just on the character.
Other than this I am generally happy with the result.
Wednesday, 14 March 2012
For this brief I tried to replicate an image created by the artist using the techniques he used in the tutorial. Whilst I think I may have gotten a better understanding of his techniques, I don't feel that I've put them to use as well as he did. Even so, I am mostly happy with the final result.